Certifications & Standards
We will meet or exceed our customer’s expectations by continuously improving our processes, products and services through commitment of compliance with requirements and continually improving the effectiveness of our quality management system.
Our Quality Policy provides the framework for our Quality Objectives which are established at relevant functions and levels within the company.
Statement of Commitment to the Policy
MX LightForce International is committed to minimize impact of processes and products through continual improvement and compliance to requirements.
In order to conduct operations in a manner consistent with environmental principles, we will:
• Identify, evaluate and address the environmental aspects and impacts of our operations.
• Reappraise our aspects and impacts on a regular basis to maintain awareness and focus.
• Monitor and control aspects of significant risk in order to minimize or eliminate hazards.
• Prevent pollution and waste in operations throughout all stages of product life cycle through continual measurement and improvement of our Environmental Management System.
• Comply with, and monitor updates to environmental laws and other requirements which regulate our operations.
• Accept responsibility for our impacts by setting high standards of environmental performance for our suppliers, our processes and our facilities.
• Collect and analyze data on this performance and review regularly with top management.
• Document and record our efforts to remediate our impacts.
• Communicate and reinforce our environmental values to all who directly or indirectly work for us.
• Maintain open and responsive communications with all stakeholders.
• Work diligently in collaboration with stakeholders to integrate social, environmental, ethical and human rights concerns into our operations and strategy.
ETL provides safety-related certification, validation, testing, inspection, auditing, advising and training services to a wide range companies.
ETL is one of several companies approved to perform safety testing by the US federal agency Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Following the regulations and our customers’ needs, our products designs have been tested and meet UL requirements.
- UL 2108 Standard Low Voltage Lighting Systems
- UL 1838 Standard for Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Systems
- UL5085-1 Standard Low Voltage Transformers – Part 1
- UL5085-3 Low Voltage Transformers Part 3: Class 2 and Class 3 Transformers
- CSA C22.2#223 Power Supplies with Extra-Low-Voltage Class 2
- CSA C22.2#107.1 General Use Power Supplies
MXLightForce supports government and industry initiatives to avoid the use of conflict minerals purchased from sources whose revenue is believed to finance or benefit armed groups who commit human rights abuses in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and adjoining countries.
Under the Dodd-Frank Act, the following minerals and their derivatives are defined as conflict minerals:
• Columbite-tantalite (Coltan) >> refined into tantalum (Ta)
• Cassiterite >> refined into tin (Sn)
• Wolframite >> refined into tungsten (W)
• Gold (Au)
We will comply with the conflict minerals reporting rules adopted under the Dodd-Frank Act. We expect our suppliers to provide required information to support our due diligence efforts.
We will take the required steps over time to source from socially responsible suppliers when the choice of supplier is within the company's control. We will also encourage customers and suppliers to do the same.
MX LightForce has a zero tolerance policy regarding any employees, agents, subcontractors or suppliers who engage in or support human trafficking.
Human trafficking is a modern form of slavery. It involves the recruitment, transport, transfer, receipt or harboring of persons by coercive means (including force, deprivation, intimidation or manipulation) for the purpose of exploitation, irrelevant of consent.
It is a complex issue, with a diverse range of victims and circumstances; child labor, sex trafficking, forced labor and debt bondage are recognizable examples, but trafficking can be suffered by any gender at any age, and can occur in any industry.
To report human trafficking, reach out to the National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 or the U.S. Department of Justice Hotline at 1-888-428-7581.
This legislation is to restrict the use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment commonly referred to as the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive or RoHS.
This directive restricts (with exceptions) the use of six hazardous materials in the manufacturing of various types of electronic and electrical equipment. These restricted substances are Lead (Pb), Mercury (Hg), Cadmium (Cd), Hexavalent chromium (Cr6+), Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE).
The RoHS 2 directive (2011/65/EU) is an evolution of the original directive. It addresses the same substances as the original directive while improving regulatory conditions and legal clarity.
Memory Experts International’s products comply with the ROHS directive since 2006 and RoHS 2 since it took effect in 2013.